Menu

A few of my favorite things

Drama Llama

Babies are definitely one of my favorite things, and my youngest SIL and BIL are expecting one very soon.  It's super exciting. 

Another one of my favorite things is our newish baby pool tradition.  Each family member chooses a date and time period, and puts some money in the pool.  The amount is not specified you can put a nickel or a $100 or whatever you like.  But you still get one guess.  The person who guesses the right date/time gets to choose the charity or charities it goes to in the baby's honor.  There are some limitations so that no one ends up donating to a cause they don't believe in.   

The kids have gotten really into choosing the charities they plan to donate to, and are campaigning hard for the adults to choose their charities.  They have also decided that if someone under 3 wins, they will put a series of toys in front of him and let him pick that way.  The 9 year old is now trying to convince her little brother that her stuffed sea turtle is his very favorite thing.  

Anyway, I just thought it was a fun thing we do, that maybe I'd share!

What fun things do you do with your family?

• Like 22

We do an NCAA playoff bracket. Thing is that out of like 20 people who participate, there are only 3 who follow basketball at all. So it’s wild guesses for everyone else. My ds chose his bracket based on alphabetical order. My dsil chose his based on cats, if there was a cat or cat like animal that was the winner. Someone else chose on colors. It’s fun, and there are cash prizes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

We do an NCAA playoff bracket. Thing is that out of like 20 people who participate, there are only 3 who follow basketball at all. So it’s wild guesses for everyone else. My ds chose his bracket based on alphabetical order. My dsil chose his based on cats, if there was a cat or cat like animal that was the winner. Someone else chose on colors. It’s fun, and there are cash prizes. 

That sounds like fun.  There are a lot of cat colleges.I went to one but we are very bad at basketball!

4 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

We do this to with our best friends they follow there team we dont follow at all just crazy guesses.  Jar of candy to winning kid and gift certificate for the adult.  

• Like 1