Menu

Is EBAY getting better?

gstharr

I just starting buying things again off Ebay, after drifting away for a year or so.  I was using Amazon, because returns and refunds were so much easier.   But, now the prices on Amazon are getting so much higher for the exact same product on Ebay.   Of my recent six purchases on Ebay, four sellers immediately emailed me that if I had any issues to contact them first to resolve it informally.   Well, I had problems with two items in the $30 price range.  For one item I received a prompt exchange w/o having to return the item I received, and the other gave me a refund w/o having to return the item.   I don't remember transactions on ebay being this smooth.

• Like 2

Dh and I are finding more on eBay recently, too. It’s not typically stuff that I’d buy from Amazon though. It was vintage glassware and such for a wedding, and more recently some hard to find tools and parts for working on cars and air conditioners. 

I do like that more and more eBay sellers are offering returns—some even have free returns. 

I have been burned recently though. My favorite cleanser (Bon Ami Original 1886 Formula) was recently discontinued, so I checked eBay. Someone was selling it in lots, so I bought a bunch of it. Seller ghosted me. I went through the process with eBay, but for some reason they only refunded me for one can. I tried the appeal process and still haven’t heard anything. It wasn’t that much money, but I’m so frustrated about how difficult it is to connect with a real person at eBay.