Menu

Sunblock that won't stain clothes

QueenCat

Does anyone have a favorite sunblock/lotion that won't stain their clothes? I'm looking for something for my neck/chest area when I'm wearing

regular clothes and will be out in the sun, be it for socializing, walking, gardening, etc.. The stuff (CeraVe)I use on my face stains my clothes. Obviously, I'm not going to just wear the stained clothes whenever I need to use sunscreen. Especially since it's often for socializing in someone's backyard. 

We had a hard time with coppertone staining clothes and changed to this a few years ago …

Alba Botanica Sunscreen for Face and Body, Fragrance-Free Sunscreen Spray for Sensitive Skin, Broad Spectrum SPF 50, Water Resistant, 6 fl. oz. Bottle https://a.co/d/beMdMHB

Bonus, it’s more natural and has a better ewg rating too

ETA: we use the sensitive skin version

For a daily wear face I use this and haven’t had staining issues

EltaMD UV Clear Tinted Face Sunscreen, SPF 46 Oil Free Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide, Protects and Calms Sensitive Skin and Acne-Prone Skin, Lightweight, Tinted, Dermatologist Recommended, 1.7 oz Pump https://a.co/d/63mBvH4

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

We had a hard time with coppertone staining clothes and changed to this a few years ago …

Alba Botanica Sunscreen for Face and Body, Fragrance-Free Sunscreen Spray for Sensitive Skin, Broad Spectrum SPF 50, Water Resistant, 6 fl. oz. Bottle https://a.co/d/beMdMHB

Bonus, it’s more natural and has a better ewg rating too

ETA: we use the sensitive skin version 

Does this leave a sticky residue?

15 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

No, we all really like it. We’ve been using it for a few years now. 

Thanks! One last question... Can you just spray it on? Or do you have to rub it in?

2 hours ago, QueenCat said:

Thanks! One last question... Can you just spray it on? Or do you have to rub it in?

The Alba that I linked first is a spray and spraying is sufficient. We use it at the beach, it is water resistant and works well.    

The daily face one I linked second is a lotion. The second one I linked is not water or sweat resistant. I use it for light use on my face only when I don't want a lot of sunscreen. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 1