Menu

My poor little nephew and his missing Grandma (do not be alarmed, no actual Grandmas are missing)

Drama Llama

We had the baby shower for DH's little brother and his wife yesterday.  Some of the older kids worked together to make a book for the baby with pictures of all the new baby's family members.  My little nephew, who is not quite 2, has a similar book with all of his family members, and some of the pictures are the same.   So, he was very excited to see the baby's book when it arrived earlier in the week and immediately wanted his big sister to read it to him which led to his discovery that his Grandma was NOT IN THE BOOK!

Now, this sounds awful (Who forgets Grandma?), until you realize that his Grandma is not the baby's Grandma, and she lives far away, and that in the book there was a picture of my youngest SIL's mother who is, of course, this baby's Grandma.  Other family members on his Dad's side were missing too, but that was less alarming.  Grandma was clearly the problem!   He was apparently so upset that he had to FaceTime Grandma to make sure she still existed.  Turned out she did.  Thank goodness!!!! 

So, on Friday, he brought the book to me and demanded that I read the book and find Grandma.  But, despite my best efforts, I could not find her either.  I guess I'm not as good a reader as he thought.  

At the shower, as soon as the book was unwrapped he grabbed it and walked around to various people none of whom could find Grandma!  He kept saying "Grandma inna book?"  "No no no Grandma!"  "Want Grandma".  Some of the guests weren't paying attention and didn't realize the issue and reassured him "of course Grandma's in the book, let's find her, look here she is!" and showed him the other Grandma.  The book got thrown on the ground in disgust.  How dare they put the wrong Grandma in the book!  His sister had to help him FaceTime Grandma again.  Fortunately, she continues to exist.  

The whole thing was so funny, although he was so serious about it. This idea of there being different Grandmas is very very confusing.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 24

1 minute ago, fraidycat said:

Aw, that's so sweet. Grandma must make a good impression on him, even though she lives far away.

His Grandma is really wonderful!   One of my very favorite people.  Luckily the new baby also has a wonderful Grandma. 

• Like 6