Menu

Grammar Castle Curriculum

Ting Tang

I received an email from Cathy Duffy and decided to take a look at this grammar curriculum. I mean, who doesn't need yet ANOTHER grammar curriculum to consider?!

Home | Grammar Castle and the Kingdom of Writing

It is somewhat classical.  It reminds me of the Michael Clay Thompson approach, except it may suit those who like Fairy Tales a bit more.

I may consider it for my middles.  Not completely keen on the writing component from the sample.  Afterall, there always has to be something to make me question if it is right for us or not.  

Just thought I'd share. If anyone has used it, I'd love to hear your experiences and thoughts. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

New and shiny? Must check it out now that I’ve spent $$$ on 2 MCT Levels.

It could be for the 6 year old. They have a Kinder level. I just read the sample and I could already see my 6 year old glazing over because it has coloring and songs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Yeah- MCT is better. Imma pass.

I think I was just enamored by the royalty, LOL.  I'm thinking it might be better for younger students, too, now.  My daughter probably could have started MCT Island this year, but even if she started it next year, she would be using Town in 4th.  My son is using Town in 5th, so I am not in a hurry there.  But the front loading of grammar starting in Island that MCT does is just fantastic.  My biggest hangup is I feel like we need a different writing program, but the writing programs are usually part of other things and might be too much on top of MCT.

Edited by Ting Tang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I’m looking at Winning With Writing to go alongside for Little Man. Simple and do able. Maybe CAP later.

I've never heard of that, and I will look it up!  I have used the first book in CAP. We enjoyed it--but he was not ready to write on his own at the time.  When I try to piece things together, I am always worried about under or overdoing it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...