Menu

Drew's memory book v. IEW Poetry memorization

Hoggirl

I don't own Drew's memory book, but from his descriptions it seems very comprehensive. It includes a large variety of memory work from various subjects.

I do own & use IEW and while it's FABULOUS, it only includes poetry. We use Classical Conversations & catechism for the remainder of our memory work.

From what I can tell, Drew's book would cover all the bases.

I don't own Drew's memory book, but from his descriptions it seems very comprehensive. It includes a large variety of memory work from various subjects.

I do own & use IEW and while it's FABULOUS, it only includes poetry. We use Classical Conversations & catechism for the remainder of our memory work.

From what I can tell, Drew's book would cover all the bases.

Since Drew's book just came out, I can't say definitively which one would be better, but if you look at the description of what the book covers---all 450+ pages of it---it's very comprehensive!

I'll be getting mine shortly!

The main difference is that the IEW program is strictly poetry, while my book covers a much wider range of subject matter: history, languages, math, science...you get the idea. The IEW program is great if you just want poetry; Living Memory is a more comprehensive resource. HTH!

I think IEW comes with a CD, doesn't it? Any chance that this would be available in the future (hint, hint :D) for yours??? Although at 450 pages, that would be a lot of recording, wouldn't it. I do like the idea of being able to listen in the car on the way to piano lessons.

What types of history and science things are included? I wasn't able to see a sample or TOC on the lulu site, but I AM a techno-idiot.

Thanks!

I am thinking about buying this too, so I haven't seen it yet.

But I wonder if everyone might have better luck making thier own recordings anyway. If there was a CD, would he just record the chapters as written? Wouldn't you rather have a CD that had the selection(s) from each chapter that you are working on?

We are doing the IEW one right now, and the CD's were so expensive I didn't buy them anyway. We just make tapes or cds to listen to.

Just my thoughts, I doubt I would buy a recording of it.