Menu

AAR 4 help

Nm.

I have a child who seems to be struggling in AAR 4.  They are getting through the lessons, I’m breaking them up.  However I feel like a lot of things are being forgotten, especially syllable division.  Would Wise Owl PolySyllables help?  I also have phonics pathways and reading pathways that I am using (is it similar to those?). He is currently reading The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, which reading level says 6ish?  it seems like most of the words are easier than AAR4 though.  He stumbles through The Whipping Boy (grade level 3-4ish).  I am 🤔 

Edited by Lovinglife123

• Nm. changed the title to AAR 4 help
1 hour ago, Lovinglife123 said:

I haven’t been able to find a sample page anywhere, what does it look like?

It's pretty dry looking. Black and white, usually 7 words to a page. The words are broken up into syllables and then there is a sentence or two using and defining the word. The words are sorted by phonograms used and increase in difficulty.

For example:

"In-hab-i-tant: Many wonderful people inhabit the South Sea Islands. They are in inhabitants of the luscious green islands. An inhabitant is a person who lives or occupies a space." 

4 hours ago, Lovinglife123 said:

Ooh thanks I’ll check it out, it doesn’t do look inside on my phone.

Quite often I can't even look inside books on my PC anymore.   Is this a thing where you have to have Prime or something?  Or to be signed in every time?   Just wondering if anyone else found this.

I found Wise Owl is pretty similar to Phonics pathways and reading pathways.  I am going to try to speed along spelling so he’s marking up syllables more, and have him read aloud to me more.  He’s only 1/2 way through level 2 in spelling.

not sure about Amazon!

3 hours ago, ***** said:

Quite often I can't even look inside books on my PC anymore.   Is this a thing where you have to have Prime or something?  Or to be signed in every time?   Just wondering if anyone else found this.

I just signed out of my Amazon account and was still able to see the preview on my PC. Some books just don't have the "look inside" feature. Actually, many books don't have the feature. That may be why you can't see inside the books.