Menu

You all inspired me with your family photos...mine has some problems though.

Have I mentioned what a bad photographer I am? No? Well, today's photo session is proof positive.

This photo seems to be the "best of the worst", but is anyone else distracted by the uneven lighting and the bow on my ds's head?

(Not to mention the fact that it looks like my dh has his hand in his crotch? :001_huh: :lol:)

What do you think, can I get by with this one? I just don't think I'll be able to get everyone together again with smiles on their faces any time soon! :D

post-517-13535082730329_thumb.jpg

post-517-13535082730329_thumb.jpg

Ask one of the photoshop experts here to move your daughter on the left over a bit to cover hubby's hand, and you're good.

:iagree:Today, Chrissy photo shopped our Son in law into our family photo. My husband was absolutely thrilled! OUr son is getting photo shop for christmas and hopefully can be our resident expert next year, but Chrissy is wonderful right now! I believe my husband would have paid her if she sent us a bill!

Thanks Chrissy..

Didn't notice the bow, your dh doesn't look like he is grabbing his crotch...just resting his hand there in front of it which is not weird at all, and the lighting is okay. I love the dog and how happy he/she looks. I think the pic is great! Only thing I would have done differently is mix up the white and blue shirts so you didn't have them all together...but heck, in all reality, it is a great pic...go with it! LOL

Didn't notice the bow, your dh doesn't look like he is grabbing his crotch...just resting his hand there in front of it which is not weird at all, and the lighting is okay. I love the dog and how happy he/she looks. I think the pic is great! Only thing I would have done differently is mix up the white and blue shirts so you didn't have them all together...but heck, in all reality, it is a great pic...go with it! LOL

Thank you. That is very reassuring. It's pretty sad that my great aspiration for this photo is just for it not to look "weird", lol!

And for the record, dh really *was* just resting his hand there, honest! :D

is anyone else distracted by the uneven lighting and the bow on my ds's head?

(Not to mention the fact that it looks like my dh has his hand in his crotch?

I wouldn't have noticed those things if you hadn't pointed them out. What strikes me instead is the sameness in the photo, as far as colors are concerned. It doesn't have a great deal of life in that respect. But everyone looks fine and people who care about you will be happy to have a photo and it's December 17, so...go with it.:)

:iagree:

I think it is a great picture too. Everyone looks so natural and happy and the lighting is nice. I would be thrilled if someone had sent us this picture.

I think the great thing about it is that it doesn't look like you have tried too hard but everyone looks fantastic. It is balances perfectly between relaxed and formal - which is pretty hard to pull off!

What strikes me instead is the sameness in the photo, as far as colors are concerned. It doesn't have a great deal of life in that respect.

Yes, I agree. Next year I'll put more effort into it, but most years I don't get it done at all, so even this is an improvement!

My envelopes are addressed already, and thanks to 1 hr. Longs Online Photo (surprisingly inexpensive) I already have my prints in my hand.

Cards should go out today. Yay!