Menu

Does it annoy you when holiday meal host assigns foods?

Ginevra

I was once asked to bring an ice cream cake to a gathering. When I had to drive over an hour to get there (and had to driver further than any of the other guests). I brought a cake, but it wasn't an ice cream cake.

I would love to be known for making a dish so well that people specifically requested it. But I'm either not as good a cook as I think I am or the people I have meals with aren't the type to request specific foods. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In sort of an update: it was a really spectacular day of shooting skeet with the in-laws and eating oysters and charcuterie. My son was a finalist in the shooting competition; he was only beat out by an uncle who got five clays in a row. (He got 4.) The “Marney” character was not at the shoot but ten minutes, for she was indoors doing whatever she was doing there. It was mentioned that she “freaked out” to learn that one of the grown nieces was coming after all, so there would be a couple more adults and two toddlers than expected. 😄 I’m sorry; it’s probably mean to find that funny but I do…if I were hosting and got that news, I would be delighted to see them, the end. Every good host knows you throw the proverbial extra potato in the pot, just in case your guest list expands at the last minute right? 

We did not stay for dinner because of our recent Covid situation. Outdoors: okay. Indoors, not so much. 

• Like 7