Menu

Sneezing whenever I drink -- am I weird? Is this a thing for other people?

Drama Llama

So, I have something going on in my sinus.  I don't think it's covid, I have been pcr'd and rapided aplenty.  Little bit of sinus pain, and lots of thick mucus in the back of my head.  Until I eat and drink.  Then it thins out and all of a sudden I'm sneezing and coughing.

I have two theories.  One is that I have some kinda reflux situation going on.  The other is that I am dehydrated and as soon as I get hydrated for a little while things get sloshy up there and that sets me off. 

To be clear, when I say "drink".  I mean liquids in general. For example, i just had some tangerine juice (Vitamin C, could be good) and a lot of water.  No alcohol is involved. 

ETA:  This is a pattern when I get sick with minor crud.  I just haven't been sick with minor crud because of all the precautions we've been taking.  But this is not a new pattern.

Edited by Baseballandhockey

1 minute ago, Katy said:

I don’t know. But I hope you feel better soon.

Oh, it's just a little annoying cold thing.  I can't go to work, because sneezing on people's children during pandemics is frowned upon, but the weather is beautiful so the dog and I worked on the back deck.  It's kind of nice.

And SIL had a Yom Kippur thing, and my sneezing was a great excuse not to go!  So, that was also a win.  

How is your household?  Did they stop throwing up?

48 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

The other is that I am dehydrated and as soon as I get hydrated for a little while things get sloshy up there and that sets me off. 

This would go with my experience, but I don't necessarily sneeze. I do find that hydrating means I deal with more sloshing and running, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Thank you for making me feel less weird.

Anytime! My allergies have given me a broad base of experience with, ahem, things that slosh (and run and clump and try to do all three at once, lol!).

If you think about it, sudafed works, at least in part, by drying things up. 

I really like my nasal spray for these symptoms (azelastine). I originally started taking it for itchy ears and throat, but it's helped with the coughing and such when things start moving.