Menu

Memoria Press Online Academy

Mamamoose76

Wow, I used them for years. Had an issue and they deleted comments on the Academy Users Facebook page that was simply a screenshot of the email sent to me by the academy. Just thought people should know from a long time MPOA user that their service has declined dramatically since Mr. Piland left.

I had to create a new account because it wasn't recognizing my old email address for some reason.

Previously Forestrymom

5 minutes ago, Mamamoose76 said:

Wow, I used them for years. Had an issue and they deleted comments on the Academy Users Facebook page that was simply a screenshot of the email sent to me by the academy. Just thought people should know from a long time MPOA user that their service has declined dramatically since Mr. Piland left.

I had to create a new account because it wasn't recognizing my old email address for some reason.

Previously Forestrymom

grrrr....   Once I got deleted and blocked from a homeschool curriculum group.  I never could figure out what my offense was; my last comment made a statement that a particular product was for certain grade levels, lol.  I could still use the support, but there is no way for me to rejoin the group.  

We were with MPOA for years and so happy with it. Mr. Piland was so great. I'm not usually one to gush but they really were great. We were still with them the year of the change and wow was it dramatic. I had loved MPOA so much that I gave a ton of leeway and time for the new guy to get up to speed and lots of grace but it just was not good.  My third ds used it in high school and my dd started there in 5th grade and by 7th grade had six classes I think. Things went downhill during her 7th grade year and we walked away completely. I really had thought she would use them all the way through high school. 

I wish I was wrong and they were able to get back on track but the writing was really on the wall a couple years ago. It is too bad. 

BTW- I still follow the FB page and I did see your comment before it was deleted. Isn't the FB page moderated by parents? I would guess it was a parent user that deleted it. 

• 6 months later...