Menu

world geography question: can you name and place

prairiewindmomma

3 hours ago, SKL said:

In my observation, different people with the same educational opportunities are going to remember different things.  Again, largely based on what they cared about at the time it was taught, as well as how well it was presented..

My oldest son’s favorite thing from his few years of homeschooling was Mapping the World with Art. Probably around the 6th grade.  He’s about to be 24, and can still draw a full, accurate, detailed world map.  (He’s also on the spectrum, lol.) It’s a terrific party trick, but doesn’t have a whole lot of real-world application. And that’s okay, it’s still cool!

His siblings, with equal-to-better resources, are kind of geography dunces.  I’m still playing a lot of 10 Days In the USA to increase the younger boys’ familiarity with our own states.  My attempts at (US) regional states studies always ended with “I don’t remember! That was yesterday!!!”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

My oldest son’s favorite thing from his few years of homeschooling was Mapping the World with Art. Probably around the 6th grade.  He’s about to be 24, and can still draw a full, accurate, detailed world map.  (He’s also on the spectrum, lol.) It’s a terrific party trick, but doesn’t have a whole lot of real-world application. And that’s okay, it’s still cool!

His siblings, with equal-to-better resources, are kind of geography dunces.  I’m still playing a lot of 10 Days In the USA to increase the younger boys’ familiarity with our own states.  My attempts at (US) regional states studies always ended with “I don’t remember! That was yesterday!!!”

My autistic kid was fascinated by maps and could draw a remarkably accurate and detailed world map from memory at age 7 🌍

• Like 1