Menu

Outsourcing writing for grade 8 to online classes

After two years of trying, I realize I need to outsource teaching how to write to my grade 8 boy. There is nothing wrong with his abilities, it is just that I am stretched so thin with other subjects, another homeschool kid, and a job, that writing seems to always fall through the cracks.

To that end, I am looking for an option with an actual teacher, synchronous meetings once or twice a week, teacher feedback and grading etc. I checked out WTM Academy Expository 1 and Online G3 classes. Any other options I could look into? Any experience with any online classes?

Thank you.

The Online G3 class is decent. Not super intensive. Not very interactive, but they do get some feedback.

Write at Home does have full English classes that have live meetings.

WTMA is... very WTM style writing. If that's what you want, then that. But most of their classes are full, so definitely get on that if you do.

You could also look at Natania Cook's classes at Aim Academy. Those are very strong and comprehensive. But they're full English classes - not writing classes.

• Like 1