Menu

Where does your dog sleep?

kristin0713

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

And I do think as we age, sizing down is very smart.

This, so much.  Our dog weighs 150 pounds and has issues with other dogs.  I'm not strong enough to deal with him if we encounter another dog while out walking.  I've informed my husband if we ever get another dog, it is going to need to be much smaller.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EKS said:

This, so much.  Our dog weighs 150 pounds and has issues with other dogs.  I'm not strong enough to deal with him if we encounter another dog while out walking.  I've informed my husband if we ever get another dog, it is going to need to be much smaller.

The general rule/guideline is that it's difficult for a human to control a dog who weighs more than one third of the human's weight. And that's for healthy, fit adult humans. I'm guessing for many of us who aren't quite elderly but definitely aren't so young any more it's probably more like one fourth of our weight.

Edited by Pawz4me

So I want to be clear that I'm not trying to start a debate about where is the "best" place for the dog to sleep.  I'm glad to hear that there are so many arrangements that are good! 😊 We really don't want her in our room. We all shut our doors at night and she is used to moving around, going upstairs and downstairs, etc. Also, she snores. And also, she sheds. So we don't want her on the beds. But we totally love and adore her and want her to be comfortable. I think she'll be ok on the bed downstairs and if she really wants, she can come up and sleep in the hall on the carpet. Right? I hope so. We can't change the layout at this point.  🤪  I'm trying to rid myself of dog-mom guilt and house-designing regret. Add it to the list of all the things I *didn't* consider when designing this custom build. 😆😭😆

• Like 1