Menu

Are cargo pants still in style?

Teaching3bears

For teen/young adult boys?

I have always bought my son cargo pants from The Children’s Place but even though they sell them I am thinking they might be getting dated.  I like the elastic waist, the way they have no button, drawstring or zipper and they fit well.  
I am seeing that what is in style now are pants with cuffs at the ankles. DS20 has severe special needs and needs help with dressing and toileting and the cuffs at the ankles make things much more difficult.  Are there any other stylish styles that would be an easy fit?  

Joggers are definitely in style for teens and young adults, but they do have the band on the bottom. Maybe your son would like sweatpants instead? Even though they aren’t worn as much as joggers, I think they’d be more “in style” than cargo pants. 

eta: @prairiewindmomma and I had the same idea—go with an athleisure look!

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Nope, they aren’t in style.

I’d go for the athleisure look—sweatpants, t-shirt, zip up hoodie. 

Alternatively, Old Navy carries trousers made of chino material, but with an elastic waist and loose elastic around the ankles. They are totally pull on/off.

They have the ones from Old Navy but they get stuck on their heels taking them in and off.