Menu

Dr. Hive - rash on cheeks?

ktgrok

Ok, when I saw this on one kid I thought whatever, she got a bug bite or got something on her face that irritated her, or hayfever type allergies are bad now, whatever. She said it didn't itch or hurt. 

Well, that was a few days ago, she still has it, and now I noticed DS9 has the same thing on his cheeks! No other rashes anywhere else. No new detergent. I MIGHT have washed their sheets at the same time, last Sunday...actually I know I did. Hmm...but I don't think I used anything different! Maybe I used bounce free and clear dryer sheets instead of Mrs. Meyers or vice versa, I go between them. But seems odd they would both have a reaction on their face, and not on their body given that I use the same stuff to wash their clothes. 

Viral thing? No one has symptoms other than this rash. 

DD4 is prone to impetigo but it generally looks very different than this. 

Thoughts?

dd rash.jpg

rash ds9.jpg

10 minutes ago, Katy said:

Especially check hands, feet, & mouth. A cousin’s kids got the hand foot & mouth disease and I think it started in their cheeks the first day. 

I will keep an eye out - they had that once before and it was miserable. 

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

It almost looks like eczema. Do they have a rash anywhere else? A fever? 

No other rash. I had a couple of itchy bumps on my ankle the other day, and on my neck, come to think of it. I figured I got bit by something mowing the lawn or whatever. But they said they are not itchy - mine was very itchy. 

29 minutes ago, Lovinglife123 said:

My guess is viral.  Or poison ivy(doubtful since it’s only on cheeks). Does not look like impetigo to me either.

This is my best guess, some weird virus. We haven't been anywhere other than around the cousins/grandparents on Christmas, but they or DS22 might have given us something I guess.