Accountability Thread 12/19-12/25

Morning. It's the holiday break for us!

Today's goals:

House: chores

Garden: none, but I might pull out the seed catalog and dream

Cooking: chicken strips, potatoes, possibly donuts

Writing: journal, revisions, painting GN panels, short story drafting

Art: class today

That's about it. I have a ton of planning to do this week, but that's pretty normal.

• Like 1

Morning! Yeah, holiday break is less of a break than I'd like. Starting out the day with a dog who isn't feeling well. Thankfully, she does this with some frequency because of her other health issues, and I've got medications. Hopefully will see her right in a day or I'll have to cancel plans for tomorrow's hike and go work on her some more.

Today's goals:

Try to relax, get some revising and painting done, and keep up with the dog. I also need to do a little grocery shopping.

• Like 1

Evening! 

I'm sending Good Thoughts to you & your dog, Critterfixer -- glad you have her medicines on hand, and I hope she recovers soon. 

Today we got a chunk of stuff done: some very very minimal school, boys & DH made a run to the dump, I did holiday stuff & got some exercise.  Tomorrow will see some last-minute Christmas errands and an hour  or so drive to catch up with some of the friends who would have been at our Christmas party -- they live several hours away, but happen to be much closer for an afternoon in the park tomorrow so the boys & I will have a chance to see them. 

• Like 1

Morning. No more dog accidents, thankfully. She seems to be feeling better, but no hike for us today. I'm going to hang around here to keep a watch on things and make sure she eats regularly. She's incredibly picky to begin with, so this means cooking for her.

I'm also baking cookies today and revising, so it's not like I'll spend the day doing nothing.

• Like 1

Morning. Dog is still doing better. The boys and I are planning to go to the lake today. 

I need to bake a pie this morning, and get some cinnamon rolls prepped this evening to bake tomorrow. Other than that, I think I'm more or less done. Can spend some time revising while the boys paddle at the lake.

• Like 2

Today was fairly successful, though we are In Process with gingerbread houses which is taking a surprising amount of time.  However.  The base houses are now assembled & drying; icing is ready to go; and the candy decorations have been unearthed.  So tomorrow should be all the fun bits of gingerbread-house making. 

Tonight: straighten a bit & grok out tomorrow; get clean; tuck boys in; watch something with DH, hurrah! 

Tomorrow I'd like to focus on more doing as little as possible and a good deal of exercise.  We're getting some vaccinations (flu, COVID booster) and DH and I have date night, probably on the heated patio of a place in town. 

• Like 1

Morning. This is literally the first time I've had to do anything in the way of email, forums, and so forth! I am working out of town all week and just can't get here most days. Better luck for me next week!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm dealing with some amazingly horrible back pain, which I hope shifts soon.

• Sad 1

I survived. Todays goals: 

House: catch up chores

Cooking: shells and cheese, beef and gravy for toast, bake chicken, clear fridge.

Gardens: none, but be ready to pull in the hardy rosemary because 18F is pretty cold.

School: none

Writing: finish listening to another chapter in revisions, draft a short story, catch up on poetry reading for group and critiques, write up a book review, pick some more books for reading in January.

• Like 2

@Critterfixer-- hoping the back pain's subsided.  You sound extraordinarily busy. 

Today I tried to do as little as possible and mostly succeeded.  A little wonderful thing happened: the Economist's "Style Guide" arrived.  It is so much fun to read!  Here's a little example, as well as I can render it given constraints of the forum editor:

"Fractions are more precise than decimals (3.33 neglects an infinity of figures that are embraced by 1/3), but your readers probably do not think so.  You should therefore use fractions for rough figures: 'Kenya's population is growing at 3 1/2% a year.'  'A hectare is 2 1/2 acres.' and decimals for more exact ones: 'The retail price index is rising at an annual rate of 10.6%.'"

I don't know, just makes me happy. 

• Like 1

Okay, sketching out tomorrow.  More of doing not much.  Trying to do as little as possible, noticing what needs doing and what works for restoring wellness, what doesn't. 

I'm extending the holiday at least another week, to give us (me, really) wellness recovery time.

• sleep in a bit
  • house
  • fitness for me, the full round: try to do this 6 days this week & see how it helps sleep, mental health, &c.
  • fitness for boys, run + DareBee
  • out of the house stuff
    • some sort of hike
    • extra ingredients for dinner -- some chiles, maybe sesame oil, seeds
    • get a big wall calendar for the new year.  or do this mon or tues when it is more rainy.
  • holiday school: Anki, minimum for elder, some poetry/poetry memorization, some classical sayings, dabble in piano for younger, read some holiday stories/LotR
  • dinner: sesame noodles, chicken, greens got turned to pasta with Alfredo sauce
  • read some fun stuff
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1