Menu

Morphology resource--free

PeterPan

I bought the Peter Bowers book and Gina Cooke's first insight words deck. I totally wish I was taught this stuff sometime during my K-12 stint. It has made English less mysterious to me. My kids are too young, but I'm curious if you have a way of doing this stuff with your kids? And what it looks like. Most of what I've seen online is classroom based and I have a hard time picturing it in the homeschool space.  

10 minutes ago, Clarita said:

I bought the Peter Bowers book and Gina Cooke's first insight words deck. I totally wish I was taught this stuff sometime during my K-12 stint. It has made English less mysterious to me. My kids are too young, but I'm curious if you have a way of doing this stuff with your kids? And what it looks like. Most of what I've seen online is classroom based and I have a hard time picturing it in the homeschool space.  

Simplest thing I've found is https://www.teachercreatedmaterials.com/series/building-vocabulary-97/  Rasinsky (the author) did an excellent webinar and if you get on TCM's email list you'll get notifications of other webinars. You can also look up Rasinky's site where he shares his powerpoints from workshops, etc. It's easy to find lists, but when you want open and go that fits kids who need small steps, his stuff is great. I bought *only* the guided practice workbooks. The whole kit would be $$$$ and is really unnecessary.

Remember too severe issues with morphology indicate language/APD issues that need to be addressed.

I thought those pages I linked above would be handy for typing dictation as spelling practice.

• Thanks 1