Menu

Is the 2021 Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

AngelaGT

I ordered one even though I have the 2018 edition. I like a few of the new features such as auto adjusting light and a slightly larger reading area. Oh, and I don't think it has an ad vs. ad free option but instead is just ad free. It came out the week of my birthday so I thought I'd get myself a birthday present. After I ordered it, it said it will be here between Dec. 15 - 23. I guess I got myself a Christmas present lol.

That said I don't think the added expense will give you much more than the 2018 version unless you just really want a new one.

• Thanks 1

I bought one when they first came out and I love it. It's a huge improvement over my old one but my old one was really old. Old enough that I can't even tell you the year it was bought. Maybe a gen 1 Paperwhite? Anyway, I love the drop down menu from the top that lets me adjust light and font settings quickly or turn on the wifi instead of having to go into the whole settings section of the  Kindle. I also find it's easier to skip around to see the table of contents or a map and then quickly click back to where I had been in my book. I also bought it with the with the separate payments plan. It didn't cost any more and the payment is really quite small.

23 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

I ordered one even though I have the 2018 edition. I like a few of the new features such as auto adjusting light and a slightly larger reading area. Oh, and I don't think it has an ad vs. ad free option but instead is just ad free. It came out the week of my birthday so I thought I'd get myself a birthday present. After I ordered it, it said it will be here between Dec. 15 - 23. I guess I got myself a Christmas present lol.

That said I don't think the added expense will give you much more than the 2018 version unless you just really want a new one.

Mine came much, much faster than it was predicted, so hopefully you will have yours soon.

• Thanks 1