Menu

So I ate a bunch of fresh oranges right off the tree, now...

the skin on my face itches, and my lips swell up a bit. So... am I allergic?

All my life I've noticed some itching, particularly with grapefruit, but I've always thought it was just normal--because the grapefruit is really acidic. Today I picked a bunch of oranges off our backyard trees. They taste awesome! So as I feasted on fresh oranges--my lips and face start to itch. Now my mouth is swollen. I only rarely drink orange juice, and usually only have fresh oranges a few times a year. Is this just "normal" for so much citrus?

I do know I'm allergic to shellfish, but in that case my airways swell shut and I can't breathe.

I've got three huge trees full of hundreds of oranges in the backyard. I hope it's not an allergy!

So I took a Benadryl, which helped the itching... caused me to fall asleep in the middle of doing school (I was reading SOTW aloud) and apparently try to knit in my confused state. Now I've turned my knitting inside out and backwards, unravelled all my wool... no more oranges for me. Anyone want a few hundred?

Lesson: Do not knit on drugs.

The SAME thing happens to me when I eat mangoes!

The swelling is awesome, like injections for a few days, but the itching takes away from the cool factor.:D

Then, my lips peel, which is super sexy.......

I tried only eating two bites last week, and within 5 minutes my lips were itching.

No mangoes for me, I'm afraid!

Sounds like no oranges for you~

So I took a Benadryl, which helped the itching... caused me to fall asleep in the middle of doing school (I was reading SOTW aloud) and apparently try to knit in my confused state. Now I've turned my knitting inside out and backwards, unravelled all my wool... no more oranges for me. Anyone want a few hundred?

Lesson: Do not knit on drugs.

You are funny~

Did the kids take pictures?:lol: