Menu

Antihistamine for cats?

Kanin

My Maggie is so itchy! Treated with Revolution for fleas, ticks, and ear mites . This happens to her every spring/summer but it's worse this time. The vet can't see her till next week. Is there an antihistamine that's safe for cats?

I like Zyrtec best for cats; not sedating like Benadryl (although I would use B if needed). 

You can look up dosage by weight. If your cat can tolerate tiny amounts of milk, or you're willing to buy the feline milk, you might try mixing the liquid in. Even with the feline milk, only give a small amount, bc you want to make sure they get all the medicine! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, katilac said:

I like Zyrtec best for cats; not sedating like Benadryl (although I would use B if needed). 

You can look up dosage by weight. If your cat can tolerate tiny amounts of milk, or you're willing to buy the feline milk, you might try mixing the liquid in. Even with the feline milk, only give a small amount, bc you want to make sure they get all the medicine! 

Thank you!! I'll get some tomorrow. I got decently good at giving pills when she had 28 days of antibiotics last fall  (almost passed out when the vet told me!). Hope this will give her some relief.