Menu

Dole Announces a Recall of Fresh Blueberries for Potential Parasite Contamination

mommyoffive

The impacted blueberries were distributed in four US states (IL, ME, NY, and WI), and two Canadian provinces (Alberta and British Columbia). 

It would be nice if there were one food group we could rely on to be safe from this sort of thing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Thank you for sharing this. In December 2019 -- right before Covid, I had what I thought was E. Coli from the salads I ate for dinner every night. It was bad. Not the symptoms of Covid, but totally not fun.

Friends have implied that maybe I had Covid, but I thought my symptoms matched E. Coli and they had a break-out in CA that very month. My spring mix was from AZ so who knows?

But thank you again for sharing.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Alicia64 said:

Thank you for sharing this. In December 2019 -- right before Covid, I had what I thought was E. Coli from the salads I ate for dinner every night. It was bad. Not the symptoms of Covid, but totally not fun.

Friends have implied that maybe I had Covid, but I thought my symptoms matched E. Coli and they had a break-out in CA that very month. My spring mix was from AZ so who knows?

But thank you again for sharing.

Oh wow, how scary.  I am glad you recovered from it.  It is so scary because there seems to be constant recalls on all sorts of foods.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngelaR said:

Can you wash it off?  I always wash my fruits and veges before eating bc I grew up in a developing country. 

I don't know.   This is what it says in the recall.

If you have these berries in your possession, you’re advised not to consume them and you should discard them immediately. 

• Like 1