Menu

Khan Academy Pixar in a Box

Has anyone had their child go through the Pixar in a Box lessons on Khan Academy as a Unit Study? If so, what grade were they in and about how long did it take them to complete? 

My rising 10th grader would like to use this for an elective. I'm wondering if it could be a full year credit if he actually uses the principles he learns to make a very short animated film as an end of the year project. Intro to animation on the transcript?

Thanks,

Debbie

• Like 1

We did a little of this a few years ago when mine were middle school aged. We didn't come close to finishing, so I don't have very thorough answers, but I did think it was well done and that there was a lot of material--I think it would likely work as a full year course, and it would be easy to add in extra projects if needed. You're actually inspiring me to go look at it again and seeing if my now high schoolers would be interested in it for an elective next year.

• Like 3