Menu

Paper Ornaments and Christmas Tree Fires?

The kids and I are planning to make all of our ornaments this year out of paper. We even made a paper chain to use as our garland. Ummm....would that be a fire hazard waiting to happen? Anyone have experience with this? I was really excited about doing it, but I also really don't want to catch the tree on fire! Ours will be a real tree (as always) and this year we will reuse colored lights that were purchased about 4 years ago and were not used at all last year. They have been stored loosely in plastic baggies (each strand has a seperate baggie).

So....what says the hive?

The vast majority of lights aren't hot enough to start a fire. What kind of lights do you have? I wouldn't worry at all about the little dinky lights, only about the larger bulb kind. Even if you have the bulbs, just hang the ornaments carefully and only leave the lights on when you're around--not when you're gone or overnight. Which is what you're supposed to do anyway. :001_smile: