Menu

Are you good at creating acronyms?

Night Elf

My dietitian was trying to come up with something for the word commit. She came up with the first word, courageous. She's going for something positive, encouraging and uplifting as I commit to my new agreement I've made with my support team. Any ideas?

Ex. FEAR - false evidence appearing real

Go Beth! 😄 Wishing you every success.

A few ideas for each of the letters, so you can tailor it to your needs:

C = Courageous; Connected/Connecting; Cultivating; Capable
       [or, the CO- together (as in in co-operative/working side by side)
O = On; Optimal; Opportunity; Option; Outstanding; Optimal; Obedient; Only; Open
M / M = Managing Meals; Meal Mindfulness; Meeting Milestones; Making the Mark; Maintaining Motivation; Maximum Motivation
I = In; Intention/Intentional; Invitation; Interconnected; Imaginative/Imaginatively; Impressive/Impressively
T = Take-charge; Thankful; Triumph/Triumphant; Terrific; Together; Thriving; Today; Tenacious

Examples of putting together key words into an acronym that helps you remember your goals:

Courageous Opportunity to Manage Meals In Tandem (i.e, with the team)
CO-Managing Meals and Individually Thriving [as in: "I am COMMITED: CO-Managing Meals and Individually Thriving]
CO-Meal Management In Truth (or In Triumph) (or In Thankfulness)
Connection Option for Meal Mindfulness In Triumph

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Night Elf said:

Thank you Lori! I just couldn't wrap my mind around any of those letters in a positive way, probably because I'm having a difficult time being positive right now. But I'm on my way!

Yea! Go Beth!

And in case it is a better fit, you might try 6 positive adjectives (for the 6 letters in "commit"), and know that your team plan is helping you "be your best you possible" which are represented by those adjectives. Some adjective ideas:

C = Courageous; Capable; Creative; Caring; Compassionate; Confident
O = Open-Hearted; Open-Minded; Optimistic; Outstanding; Original
M / M = Magnificent; Mighty; Magnanimous; Marvelous (Marvelously Made); Merciful; Motivated
I = Incredible; Indomitable; Important; Innovative; Imaginative; Impressive; Intelligent
T = Terrific; Thankful; Triumphant; Thriving; Tenacious

So:
"Who am I? I am COMMITTED! I am Courageous, Optimistic, Marvelously Made, Important, and Thankful!"
or
"Who am I? I am COMMITTED! I am Courageously Optimistic, Mighty and Motivated, and Impressively Triumphant!"

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 3