Menu

5HTP? Ashwaganda?

ktgrok

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

So I've been taking them I think 10 days now. I am not suddenly super happy or anything, but I am finding it easier to identify and deal with the negative thoughts and scripts in my head. How much of that is meds, I don't know. I also lowered my Vyvanse dosage for other reasons, no idea how that factors in. 

I feel less overwhelmed, again, can't say how much that is meds versus other stuff, but we shall see. I think it takes a few weeks to really help. 

That's great you're feeling a bit better and noticing improvement. Those are hopeful signs that these will work for you. Yes, early days still. Happy for you!

Wanted to mention I found out recently that Costco carries ashwagandha. Lots of positive reviews on their website. Although a few said their supp didn't work as well as what they were taking prior, most said it worked better.

https://www.costco.com/youtheory-ashwagandha-1%2C000-mg.%2C-150-capsules.product.100494260.html?fbclid=IwAR1gMkUvMFOOIKrGEKWK4NIPGkMYVKkTgwnG26pHwvatBCWWo1RqMEYGSfI

Just wanted to share that although my antidepressant is still working wonderfully, I did realize that I needed some additional help with anxiety. My doctor offered to up my medication dose, but I didn't want to do that and opted for adding in ashwagandha, which has been the perfect combo. I would say that my anxiety now has virtually been eliminated and my mood is even better. I was stable and life was good with just the mirt, but adding the ashwagandha has actually brought  a joyfulness for me. I'm only taking one capsule of the Gaia ashwagandha before bed.