Menu

Question about Artistic Pursuits

cherryblossom

I am interested in possibly ordering Artistic Pursuits for a 12yo with limited art exposure. She loves art and currently her only exposure to art is a monthly class in which the children learn about a particular artist and then paint a copy of one of the artist's painting. However, the only medium used is tempera. My question is what level should she begin with? I was considering the Jr. High Book 1, but then wondered if I should go with grades 4-6 because she has not had any *formal* instruction outside of the monthly classes and has not received any instruction on the correct use of other media. I'm assuming Artistic Pursuits does incorporate a bit more than just tempera paint. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks for your help.

I'd agree--I'd choose the junior high book. You can do it as quickly or slowly as you like. I've done the whole book in one year. I've done the whole book over two years. If art was important, a book could be done in a semester!

There is plenty to do in the book--and you can go as quickly or slowly as fits your needs.