Menu

Interactive map for assessing risk

SoCal_Bear

I was going to post this to the mammoth thread, but I thought it was a useful tool from GIT (corrected, thanks for the catch, it was attributed to MIT in an article I got the link from) for anyone as they make decisions in this season. This is a real time interactive map that assesses the risk of a Covid positive person attending an event. You can adjust the calculation (use 5 if testing is widely available, 10 if testing is not not) and adust based on the size of the gathering. This is all based on the data for each county. I really thought it was helpful since it is not static as data is continually being updated.

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/?fbclid=IwAR3tv1AkbpvBGldyF9dkRVbce1pSxMuqZwovpYTAVyc8ebp6q7lpIjzpQCY

Edited by calbear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It would be great if they would include a tool that allowed one to aggregate cumulative risk per household (as opposed to risk of a single gathering).  For example, some people think they are fine because they are meeting in “small” groups of 4-20 people (they consider that small...).  However, they have multiple groups of people with which they do this (art class, dance class, friend groups, church groups, etc.). So even though each meeting might be a small(ish) group, the total number of contacts isn’t. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JHLWTM said:

It would be great if they would include a tool that allowed one to aggregate cumulative risk per household (as opposed to risk of a single gathering).  For example, some people think they are fine because they are meeting in “small” groups of 4-20 people (they consider that small...).  However, they have multiple groups of people with which they do this (art class, dance class, friend groups, church groups, etc.). So even though each meeting might be a small(ish) group, the total number of contacts isn’t. 

Yes, this is what I'm confused about.  

Against my wishes, my four kids are all coming home tomorrow for the holiday.  One has to come home because she's in college and they are shutting down.  She's flying from OOS and so is one of my sons (a different state).  My other sons are driving (one OOS, the other three hours away).  It seems like a disaster to me with us all exposing each other, but I'm the only one in the family who feels that way.  I'm wondering what the risk level would be in our case with two flying and coming together from five different locations.  

One of my sons is mostly isolated so he should be fairly safe.  My other two sons got tested, but haven't gotten results back - one of them is flying tomorrow anyway.  

1 hour ago, calbear said:

I was going to post this to the mammoth thread, but I thought it was a useful tool from MIT for anyone as they make decisions in this season. This is a real time interactive map that assesses the risk of a Covid positive person attending an event. You can adjust the calculation (use 5 if testing is widely available, 10 if testing is not not) and adust based on the size of the gathering. This is all based on the data for each county. I really thought it was helpful since it is not static as data is continually being updated.

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/?fbclid=IwAR3tv1AkbpvBGldyF9dkRVbce1pSxMuqZwovpYTAVyc8ebp6q7lpIjzpQCY

Georgia Tech, not MIT. 

I have seen this several times and find it useful, though I do take into account things like the habits of the people attending the gathering, whether people are coming from the same household, etc. 

• Like 1

• SoCal_Bear changed the title to Interactive map for assessing risk