Menu

Hard to find gifts 2020...commiseration thread.

Sneezyone

My DS asks for nothing. His birthday and Christmas are five days apart. He’s kept DH abreast of the pending launch of PS5 FOR OVER A YEAR (hint, hint) and that was, naturally, to be his gift this year. Sony has basically pitted parents against shopping bots for limited numbers of consoles!! Online purchases only, none in store. Retailers aren’t holding them in your cart either. I got into the checkout process twice only to be told it was out of stock. They sell out in under 5 minutes. I gave up and paid a scalper on EBay out of sheer frustration. What other items will be scarce this year? 

DH got one on preorder, bought and paid for. Three days later got an email that they oversold, his was canceled, credit card reimbursed. He complains, as does everyone else. Gets an email a week later saying actually there is one for him, would he like it? He has the delivery email, should be here Monday. The poor man has been on such a roller coaster of emotions.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Arctic Bunny said:

DH got one on preorder, bought and paid for. Three days later got an email that they oversold, his was canceled, credit card reimbursed. He complains, as does everyone else. Gets an email a week later saying actually there is one for him, would he like it? He has the delivery email, should be here Monday. The poor man has been on such a roller coaster of emotions.

It really should not be this hard.

To go with your thread, though.... I am trying to buy DS a new winter jacket. I have 50% off at North Face Canada. The blue jacket he would like is available in the US, where the code doesn’t work and they don’t ship to Canada.

Same DS loves starkist tuna and salmon packages. Can’t buy them in Canada. Shipping is atrocious. I can’t believe the amount of money I am considering spending on processed fish.

6 minutes ago, Arctic Bunny said:

To go with your thread, though.... I am trying to buy DS a new winter jacket. I have 50% off at North Face Canada. The blue jacket he would like is available in the US, where the code doesn’t work and they don’t ship to Canada.

Same DS loves starkist tuna and salmon packages. Can’t buy them in Canada. Shipping is atrocious. I can’t believe the amount of money I am considering spending on processed fish.

😮 FWIW...I would happily send you some at cost. I can priority ship from my house. My DD loves making spicy rolls (tuna/salmon) and it’s always in stock here. I assume you mean the single-serve pouches?

Edited by Sneezyone

Just now, Sneezyone said:

😮 FWIW...I would happily send you some at cost. I can priority ship from my house. My DD loves making spicy rolls (tuna/salmon) and it’s always in stock here.

Aw, that’s very sweet of you! Usually we find ourselves in the US once every 12-16 months and stock up on all our treats. Sigh. We were supposed to road trip in August. You know, when I booked time off work. Before I knew I’d have the kids at home for five months....

Just now, Arctic Bunny said:

Aw, that’s very sweet of you! Usually we find ourselves in the US once every 12-16 months and stock up on all our treats. Sigh. We were supposed to road trip in August. You know, when I booked time off work. Before I knew I’d have the kids at home for five months....

Seriously, just send me a PM. My local stores are flush. ☺️