Menu

Some projects that 2020 got us to finally move on

saraha

2020 in general has gotten us to finally get off our hineys and do some "some day" projects. So far this year we:

planted our first fruit trees (lost a pear already, hope the rest survive the winter)

ordered a generator (small one that will hopefully keep our freezers going if we lose electric)

repurposed some shelving from the barn to store food that doesn't fit in the kitchen

tried some new plants in the garden with mixed success

tried some new canning recipes

changed my general ways of thinking

I think the biggest threat I am prepping for is unemployment. We don't live anywhere that weather or violence or even corona has been a real threat.

What has 2020 inspired you to do?

I finally got back to (smallish scale) gardening and wound up with tons of regrets. 😞  After the holidays, I’ll be working on streamlining next spring’s plans.

I’ve never been big on stocking junk food other than, say, chocolate chips for baking cookies, but I’ve definitely stocked junky stuff this year that would take the place of going out for a special treat and having extra movie nights.

I have a lot more pre-made home cooked meals frozen for if we get sick. We were able to get a FREE commercial freezer from an older couple we know when we mentioned the great freezer shortage.

We have 2 EMTs in the house now (one certified and employed, one awaiting her state testing date), so we feel more medically prepared than we had been, lol.

• Like 1