Menu

Hulu Live TV...No Ads doesn't mean no ads.....does it??

ProudGrandma

We just started subscribing to Hulu Live TV....and I am paying for the "NO ADS" version.....but it sure seems like a lot of shows still have ads....and they are long....like 5 minutes at a time long....is that normal?  It's not all shows....but it seems like a lot of the ones I want to watch any way.  Maybe I am spoiled...but I am paying for no ads.....or so I thought.  

Can anybody here shed some light on this for me....

thanks. 

Live is the online version of cable. If you want to watch ad free you need to wait 12-24 hours for the shows to be on demand. Then there’s no ads. Instead of watching  channels search for the shows you like, then add them to your watch list. 

7 minutes ago, Katy said:

Live is the online version of cable. If you want to watch ad free you need to wait 12-24 hours for the shows to be on demand. Then there’s no ads. Instead of watching  channels search for the shows you like, then add them to your watch list. 

right....but it's not current shows I am referring to...it's old ones....again...not all of them...for example the show "switched at birth"....old show....at least 4 commercials through out the show.   

I'm a little confused about what you got. We have Hulu without ads, but not the live TV version. If you have the live TV version, I think you have to see ads. Even if they're showing old things live, you'll see the ads. But if you stream something in Hulu's catalog, there's genuinely no ads. 

• Like 2

my account says I have Hulu (without ads) + Live TV.   So, I was under the impression that the live stuff would have ads and the stuff that is not live would not.  Except there are 3 shows that say there are ads before and after each episode.   But that is not what I am experiencing.   News programs that we like to watch (not live...a day or more old ) also have ads.....

The old shows that have ads are not "live".....they are just not on the regular Hulu....but not live.....unless you mean those shows are currently being shown on some channel somewhere?  If that is the case, I don't know for sure if that is true or not.  

I guess I am just confused.

We have live and no ads, too.
The boys and I were watching The Addams Family last night (not live) and there were a bunch of LOOOOOOONG ad breaks.  I wasn’t thrilled.  I’ve watched shows that were not a part of their no-ad program “and will play an ad at the beginning and ending of this program”, but I used the bathroom when I turned the movie on, so I could have missed a message.

Just now, Carrie12345 said:

We have live and no ads, too.
The boys and I were watching The Addams Family last night (not live) and there were a bunch of LOOOOOOONG ad breaks.  I wasn’t thrilled.  I’ve watched shows that were not a part of their no-ad program “and will play an ad at the beginning and ending of this program”, but I used the bathroom when I turned the movie on, so I could have missed a message.

yeah...if the commercials were short, I could probably deal with it....but they are 5 minutes long....and to do that 4 times adds 20 minutes to the 45 minute show you are watching.....which is insane....in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, kfeusse said:

yeah...if the commercials were short, I could probably deal with it....but they are 5 minutes long....and to do that 4 times adds 20 minutes to the 45 minute show you are watching.....which is insane....in my opinion. 

Yup. We didn’t get to the end of the movie.  Now, part of that is because we started later than planned, lol, but still. I fell asleep and the boys said it was past 10 when they decided to go to bed before the end.

Weird. I don't think we've ever had ads for anything. We do not have the live TV component. I wonder if you get things that are cable streaming if it includes ads, but if it's Hulu content, you don't? Like, try watching a Hulu specific show and see if you get ads?

• Like 1

we used to have just regular Hulu and didn't have ads ever, so now that we have the LIVE option, and there are different things to watch, some shows have ads.  So, I am thinking it's the shows are NOT on the regular Hulu...which is a bummer, because one of the reasons we did the Hulu live was to have different options than the regular hulu.....besides the LIVE options....and now we get ads....with the different shows.  GRRRR

We've never done the live TV option. But as I understand it, it's a totally separate service. If it comes with ads, then that's just how it comes. When we added Disney Plus, at first, we tried to bundle it with Hulu, but there's no way to do that while still having the no ads. So we had to do it solo. Hulu's options are sort of confusing.