Menu

How long does it take for the College Board to send SAT scores?

Forgiven

We schedule one test's scores to send before my daughter took the test. The other test's scores were paid for and requested to send a week ago. This second test is still showing a "Pending" status. In other words, they have not sent yet. My daughter applied EA to her top choice school and is worried the scores will not show up in time. 😞

Does anyone know how long scores will sit at the "Pending" status once you pay to send them? I received the payment receipt for the sending of these test scores exactly one week ago today, and there is no explanation on the college Board website as to what "Pending" means or when they will actually send the scores.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Sebastian (a lady) said:

College Board seems pretty silent on this, but it usually takes 2-3 weeks.

Did she also self-report the scores in the application?

Yes, she self-reported, but her EA school doesn't accept self-reported scores. According to her portal, her August 2020 scores have arrived at the school, but her December 2019 scores have not (the ones still showing pending on CB). This school super-scores, so really would like the December scores counted in as well. :)

Thank you. It looks like we need to just be a bit more patient. LOL

53 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

I've seen reports that it can take up to 4 weeks but usually it is 2 weeks or less except during busy times (like now??).

Thanks! I think we just need to be patient. I don't know why I thought an electronic send wouldn't take weeks to process. LOL

1 hour ago, Forgiven said:

Yes, she self-reported, but her EA school doesn't accept self-reported scores. According to her portal, her August 2020 scores have arrived at the school, but her December 2019 scores have not (the ones still showing pending on CB). This school super-scores, so really would like the December scores counted in as well. 🙂

Thank you. It looks like we need to just be a bit more patient. LOL

When you say portal, do you mean for the EA college or for College Board? 

My understanding is that unless you use Score Choice to suppress scores, they are all on the same report. In other words, the score report for Aug 2020 would have also included the Dec 2019 scores. 

I would have her contact the school and ask.

34 minutes ago, Sebastian (a lady) said:

When you say portal, do you mean for the EA college or for College Board? 

My understanding is that unless you use Score Choice to suppress scores, they are all on the same report. In other words, the score report for Aug 2020 would have also included the Dec 2019 scores. 

I would have her contact the school and ask.

On the school's portal. On college board, we scheduled her August test to send before she even tested, so those were sent when the scores were released. We later decided to send her December scores as well because the school super-scores. The December test scores are the ones that haven't been sent yet according to the CB website.

21 hours ago, Forgiven said:

On the school's portal. On college board, we scheduled her August test to send before she even tested, so those were sent when the scores were released. We later decided to send her December scores as well because the school super-scores. The December test scores are the ones that haven't been sent yet according to the CB website.

I think it would be worth her time to contact the college and ask if they also received the December scores on the score report sent in August. My experience is that they ought to have been sent all together with the report after the August test.

Ugh....DD is scheduled to take the SAT Nov 7. The only reason is that there is a scholarship app  that closes on December 1 where an extra point or two over her 9th grade ACT score might make a difference. I really would prefer to not send the score unless it is better than her ACT (it should be, based on PSAT, but she has almost no time to prep, so she's effectively going in cold, during COVID when just being in a building makes her anxious)-I'd rather pay for a score report than send a tanked score to add to what is otherwise a pretty solid package. But it sounds like we'll need to have them send it on the Nov 20 release date to have a prayer of getting it there in time to be included at all. 

Update!!  Through searching the interwebs, I found that scores are sent on Wednesdays from the college board. Now, we paid for them to be sent on a Tuesday, but they must have missed the Wednesday send, but they made this past Wednesday send. My goodness, how hard is it to send when people request? LOL

So, anyway, if you are sending scores from the College Board, do it before a Tuesday so that they don't wait a week to send out! Oh, yeah, we sent scores to more schools this past Tuesday. So the pending sends sent, and now the new sends are pending. LOL

Also, as someone noted above, it's one score report with all scores unless you tell them you only want certain scores, so I regret scheduling scores to be sent BEFORE my daughter even took the test! Okay, it was free, but I still had to send other scores, resulting in the $12 fee for that school, so I didn't save ANY money because I could've just sent one score report with both tests on it for the same $12.

I've learned a lot about the College Board and score sends, so I guess this was all for naught. LOL

Angie

Edited by Forgiven
fixing a typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmmetler said:

Ugh....DD is scheduled to take the SAT Nov 7. The only reason is that there is a scholarship app  that closes on December 1 where an extra point or two over her 9th grade ACT score might make a difference. I really would prefer to not send the score unless it is better than her ACT (it should be, based on PSAT, but she has almost no time to prep, so she's effectively going in cold, during COVID when just being in a building makes her anxious)-I'd rather pay for a score report than send a tanked score to add to what is otherwise a pretty solid package. But it sounds like we'll need to have them send it on the Nov 20 release date to have a prayer of getting it there in time to be included at all. 

So, what I've learned is that the College Board sends scores on Wednesdays. So, if you were to schedule a score to send today, it will not send out until next Wednesday. If you schedule to have the score sent before the test, the scores are sent out according to their schedule online. I would assume with Covid, scholarships and schools will be more lenient this year.

I know that some of the schools my daughter is applying to are being lenient with score receipts. One is saying they'll accept them up until the decision date (not sure how that works?), but each school/scholarship is different, so ask to make sure.