Menu

Accountability Thread 9/27-10/3

Evening! 

Today was a bit of school, mostly outdoor/distanced visit with a friend who is caretaker for his dad & was having a hard time.  Only entertaining we've done since COVID broke. 

This evening: fitness for boys; piano with younger; bit of work outside, bit of cleaning, wash sheets; dinner (modified Croque madames) and salad or fresh veggies; fitness for me. 

Also, line things up to go tomorrow: boys have language classes, and this week's school should be: memory, languages, math, reading across the curriculum and English work with some time on artist/composer study most mornings and lunchtime read-alouds.

On the non-school front, tomorrow is RPG night.  I'd like to work on my own game this week + get the house noticeably cleaner + think about what to do for Halloween -- some sort of candy-hunt at home, Halloween dinner, and a cool movie would be nice. 

• Like 1

Morning! 

Keeping it light today. 

House: chores, bedroom, bath

School: usual

Cooking: banana bread, stroganoff

Writing: 2000 words in my story, Beta reading.

Art: painting project, maybe work on setting up an art space for my working projects. They are kind of everywhere right now. Put together an art order (getting low on paper, and I have some watercolors I need to purchase. Maybe a paintbrush or two.)

• Like 1

Morning!  and yay, baths! 

Today:

• focus on stuff that is stressing the boys out: language memory, and also music for the younger
  • getting our four "main" subjects done for an hour each: languages, math, English/writing
  • work on memory work, getting work into binders + into Anki
  • RPG night
  • fitness all around.  Too much smoke for the boys to play outside, though the sky is blue & not orange ...
  • joy!  and read-alouds at lunch. 
  • Like 1

Morning! It's low 50s this morning. Very nice weather.

Today's goals: 

House: chores, art supplies list

Cooking: stroganoff (didn't do yesterday as we had so many leftovers), broccoli, cheesecake

Writing: 2000 words, Beta reading, Writers' meeting stuff to send

Art: continue projects, purchase art stuff tonight

Extra: haircuts, check tomatoes for late harvest. It's about time to pull up old plants and compost or burn them. Then start setting up for next year.

• Like 1

Morning. Happy Weirdsday. It is Weirdsday, yes?

Today's goals: 

House: chores with a capital C, some stuff didn't get done last night that usually gets done.

Cooking: roast, gravy, smashed potatoes, rice pudding

School: light day (lake trip planned for fishing, kayaks)

Writing: 2000 words, keep up with Beta reading

Art: continue projects, work on the water lily picture today using a few learned things. I think that one I ought to paint twice for practice

Exercise (groan): Walk one mile

• Like 1

Morning!

Today's goals:

House: chores, kitchen

Cooking: roast, apple pie (I ended up doing some pan-seared steaks as a treat yesterday because I knew we'd be at the lake all afternoon.)

Writing: 2000 words, keep up with Beta reading.

Art: new month, new art. Also have one project to finish today, and another to work on to get to finished soon.

Exercise: walk one mile. Still groaning about this.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

Morning! Last day of the week. Bring on the weekend!

Today's goals:

House: chores, clean one room

Cooking: leftovers

Writing: 2000 words, Beta reading, critique

Art: continue projects, I think it's all going to be painting today

Exercise: Walk one mile. Still groaning about it.

• Like 1

Morning!

The Weekend List:

• School planning -- "plan your year" for this term, through the holidays
  • Cook -- lots of chicken broth, breakfast foods for younger, cookies or something, plan meals for week, butternut squash soup, roast acorn squash (make the squash dishes so that MIL can reheat them easily), grocery list for next week.
  • Clean -- esp. school room.
  • Garden -- work in, get a sense of what to do in this season, try to pretty things up a bit.
  • Start "Best Year Yet" review/planning for this season/term.
  • Plenty of exercise for me, boys.
  • Start ensuring that MIL's affairs are generally in order and that we have what we need to manage her medical care