Menu

Poll: Favorite time to meet with other families (when there isn't a pandemic!)

hs03842

Poll: Favorite time to meet with other families  

21 members have voted

1. 1. When do you normally like to schedule play dates or get togethers for your children? Pick the one that works best for you right now! If you are super flexible about when you like to meet leave a comment.

• Morning--before lunch
    • Meet another family for lunch or invite them to your home
    • Afternoons
    • Meet another family for dinner or invite them to your home
    • After dinner/evenings
    • Weekends

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/14/2020 at 02:46 AM

When do you normally like to schedule play dates or get togethers for your children?  Pick  the one that works best for you right now!  If you are super flexible about when you like to meet leave a comment.

Edited by JoyKM

17 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I picked afternoons, but right now we aren't meeting with other people at all.

When there weren't health concerns, my preference was for afternoons, although I also enjoy having people over for an informal dinner.  

Generally, for most of the year, we had things in the morning, whether that was school, or swim practice, or church, or a soccer game, so mornings haven't been a good time.   Now that we're home, we tend to put things that feel like work in the a.m. (e.g. homeschooling) and leave the afternoons more for fun.

I probably should have said when there isn't a pandemic!  I'm trying to see what's normal for homeschool families so we can adjust our schedule to make time for other people when meeting is wise again.  

We always met after (or for) lunch. Mornings were school time, evenings were down time, and weekends were family fun time. My DH is a bit of a hermit so coping with our normal level of socialization after work or on weekends would have driven him into hiding. My kids had structured activities 2-4 days a week in the afternoons for one or two hours. We generally scheduled play dates around those because those were the kids they wanted to play with. So, we might go to a park after dance.  One year it was a weekly ritual for 3 families to race to my house after gymnastics. The kids were just barely able to catch Cyberchase (I lived the closest to the gym and this was before streaming.) The moms had tea and chatted while the kids watched their show then played. We had one play group that rotated houses. They did an activity, had a themed snack, then had free play.