Menu

AoPS Prealgebra self-paced online?

Here's a link to a demo of a self-paced class.
https://artofproblemsolving.com/school/handbook/prospective/selfpaceddemo?fbclid=IwAR3IF2LjE4xqS2-nF4GFWRZ43go1PxsX1P5ujE7R7LXL1Un2JmzVXDEVuKA

When you do an AoPS Online class, you use the book and do Alcumus just like you would without the class, so the class is just *more*.

My boys do the live classes, so no direct experience with self-paced classes, but one of the main advantages for my kids has been the writing/proof problems and the feedback given on those, which you get in either variety of AoPS Online class. Communicating mathematically is something I want to emphasize. Also, in our experience, the classes are more challenging than just working from the textbook.

• Like 1

thanks so much for the demo link, I had no idea that was there! 

very interesting. I wonder if anyone who's done the self paced has felt it was worthwhile. I wish there were daytime slots for the live classes. then again, I'd worry about whether my son could keep up. 

• Like 2

Ds13 did some of both of the test versions.  He liked the second version which I assume is similar to the final version.  It requires a lot of time though.  Ds is gifted in maths and likes it but he didn't want to spend 90 minutes a day.