Menu

Accountability Thread 6/21-6/27

Morning. Last week of our break coming up, and then we have to get back to school. No one is really looking forward to it. Including me. Not because it's going to be bad, but it's just summer and we are kind of all wrapped up in garden work. I also have a lot of backed up house projects that need doing and still writing a lot and reading a lot. I need to finish most of that before June, so this week is going to be all kinds of busy.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, plan this week's heavy cleaning projects

School: write out a sample plan, set curriculum for fall so I can register for homeschooling this year.

Cooking: Shrimp Alfredo, roasted cauliflower, fruit salad. Cooking up ground beef for two other meals this week so it will all be done in advance. Make desserts tomorrow.

Writing: 2000 words draft, Beta reading, personal reading, critique work

Art: start a painting project this week. It's sketched out, but I need to do a color scheme for it and mix.

• Like 2

Morning! The internet is super slow today, so I might get a ton of stuff done that doesn't involve having a functional internet. Rain expected most of the week, and the cloud cover always makes things slow.

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, master bedroom and bathroom. One to two deep cleaning tasks.

School: register for homeschooling via online form unless it rains, in which case, I'll do that Wednesday when it's not supposed to rain.

Cooking: chicken stew, cheesecake, possibly a buttermilk pie. I cooked a lot yesterday so we have plenty of leftovers, but no desserts, and I'll make most of those today.

Writing: 2000 words draft, Beta reading, personal reading

Art: start project

Extra: schedule wellness (done), call in invoice (done), go to town (do I have to?)

• Like 1

Morning! Busy day ahead here.

Housekeeping: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, clean refrigerator, kitchen

School: none (maybe do homeschooling registration, but internet has been a little awkward lately.

Cooking: chicken and dumplings, buttermilk pie. The cheesecake took a while to do yesterday but it was delicious.

Writing: 2000 words in draft, Beta reading, personal reading, critiques, writers' meeting stuff

Art: painting nasturtiums and doing some sketching

• Like 1

Well, hello!  I must say it was great to start my accountability moment by reading about delicious cheesecake.  Happiness.

Today:  keep on keeping on.  I'm pretty much in the hanging-on, don't-let-go! state of being right now.  Priorities are children (wellness + education), husband, home, garden, my RPG group.  My main goals today:

• hit history and math with children, begin to assess where they are in terms of WTM skill progression for history work.  Continue this tomorrow. 
  • RPG: spend an hour or two working on this, divided amongst learning system rules; infrastructure for my world; planning next adventure; planning world. 
  • husband: "date night" tonight.  Takeout, almost certainly, though DH may wish to go to one of the restaurants offering sidewalk dining.  No indoor service here & neither of us would do that ...  sidewalk worries me enough.  Look for a series or movie for us to watch a bit of in evenings. 
  • home: FLY stuff.   Order some new toilet seats, ideally!
  • garden: keep stuff alive.  troubleshoot list for nursery so that maybe they can deliver what we need.
  • Like 1

Cheesecake makes everything better.

Today's goals:

Housekeeping-chores, nothing else

School-none

Cooking-up in the air. I might make pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage.

Writing: 2000 words draft, Beta reading, synopsis reading, possibly a query letter to critique, getting feedback together for revisions later, personal reading

Going to the lake this morning!

• Like 1

Afternoon!  almost: Evening! 

Today's remaining goals: write out a note to my RPG group that includes Day 1 of Yeti Training; make it interesting + fun; exercise for me; fitness for boys; dinner -- souffles, green beans (grilled if I can find the tray for them), maybe roast or grill all my shriveled cherry tomatoes, salad; clean a bit;  work on my RPG this evening.  Prioritize a draft of 3 more days of training with yeti, understand terrain, fill empty caravans. 

ETA: agreed: cheesecake does make everything better. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1