Menu

Looking for a Bible (or NT) and Devotional for my Mom

umsami

So it's been quite some time since I looked at Bibles or devotionals.  Back in my day, the NIV was where it was at...although plenty liked the NRSV version, too. (I was presbyterian.) . 

For devotionals, I remember "My Utmost for my Highest" and a bunch of Max Lucado stuff. 

My Mom has an old Bible whose font is way too small to read.  It's from the 40s and falling apart.  It's not a KJV, but I have no idea what version it is.  To be honest, I doubt she's ever much read the Bible, although she would consider herself a good Christian.  She's looking into a Bible study so I'd like to get her something a tad bit more modern that isn't falling apart.   She's in her late 80s....so large print is ideal.  Fine with just a NT, as I don't think she'll venture much into the OT.

Any recommendations are welcome.  

Combined Bible and devotional, "My Utmost Devotional Bible."

https://www.amazon.com/Utmost-Devotional-Bible-James-Version/dp/0785203877/ref=sr_1_3?crid=25UPR3BQYAL2G&dchild=1&keywords=my+utmost+devotional+bible&qid=1590524986&sprefix=my+utmost+devotion%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-3

There is a daily reading with a bit of devotional, a bit of Old Testament, short reading from Psalms and Proverbs, and a New Testament selection.  

• Like 1

New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp is hands-down the best devotional book I've read in my 29 years as a Christian. 

For a Bible, something large print and with paragraphs written across the page instead of printed in two columns. ESV or NIV with a nice cover. 

• Like 1