Menu

Accountability Thread 5/24-5/30

Morning! I'm trying to decide whether the boys get the day off tomorrow or if we just do school. It's 80% shot of thunderstorms, and there's not likely to be anything to do other than clean house or watch movies. 

Today's tasks:

House: cat boxes, dishes, laundry

School: schedules

Cooking: fried chicken strips, blueberry cobbler

Writing: 2000 words in my draft, Beta reading, personal reading, finish up with cabin data

• Like 2

Morning! 

Got totally demoralized yesterday.  I registered both boys for fun summer classes online, and found that the instructor of elder's science class doesn't know much science (and has written some strange anti-Muslim stuff), and the instructor of younger's Narnia class espouses a personal philosophy that non-monastic, pre-contemporary-"mindfulness" humans weren't fully conscious.   I don't think the latter fellow actually connected the dots to the logical conclusion that CS Lewis wasn't fully conscious; but regardless, I think younger DS & I will just be reading Narnia for bedtime story and I'll replace his class time with some fun project or -- and this is frankly more likely -- time to play games on his iPad.  He was looking forward to having a "fun" hour of school each week & I am just not up to organizing & implementing it right now. 

Elder was looking forward to learning science & hanging out (online) with other kids who like science too.  Bombed on both fronts, not sure what I'll replace his class with.  Strange but true fact: the one student other than DS who really understood math & science was also, as far as DS saw, the only one other than him who knew where the book of Deuteronomy comes in the Bible. 

Also our history memory cards keep having factual errors.  Sigh.  + AARRGGHHH!!!!  Is it really so hard?  and the answer is yes, yes it is.

Already accomplished today: threw history cards into the waste bin.  Also, boys have read literature + done a bit of other stuff.  Younger learned about the existence of acid rain + some consequences of it, elder reviewed foreign language vocab + grammar, both went over foreign language saying with me.  Everybody also got breakfast (before all that other stuff) & I picked up the kitchen. 

Not sure what today's goals are.  Work to restore my morale, I suppose.  Hit math, languages, history + science reading, piano.  House cleaned up a bit, garden tended a bit, dinner -- salmon burgers with some greens, and dessert involving either apples or blueberries or both.  I ought to spend some time on my: math, Greek, and getting our memory work together.   Prep for tomorrow's RPG + spend some time prepping the game I'll run in a week or two.

• Sad 2

Morning! I think blueberries are on the mind here, too. I get to pick this week, weather permitting, I hope, and I have some frozen ones to use up.

Today's goals: 

House: cat boxes, laundry, dishes, bedroom, bathroom

Cooking: chicken strips, gravy, potatoes, deviled eggs, blueberry something

Writing: 2000 words in my WIP, beta reading, personal reading, send some work off for CPs to read in advance of revisions in July, August. Also I might work on pitches for a contest. 

• Like 1

Well!  It may be 4PM, but it's never too late to be accountable! 

Doing okay on Restoring Morale.  A couple of things derailed my day, but all in all the most important stuff is happening.  What's left: exercise; send DH out for dinner; prep for tonight's RPG. 

For tomorrow: focus on 30" on school, 30" off and see how that works.  Use as much of my downtime as possible to get memory work going. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning! It looks like storms.

Today's tasks:

House: cat boxes, laundry, dishes, bed, bath, linens (maybe)

School: light--finishing up a few things before the June break

Cooking: pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, possibly biscuits and gravy. Blueberry sauce.

Writing: 2000 words in draft, finish a Beta sheet and get it off, work on other Beta read, personal reading, critiques (I have a ton of these to get through)

• Like 1

Good morning!  I never got back to yesterday's post ... our role-playing-group is going through a bit of a shakeup, so that took a lot of energy.  All should be well. 

Starting with some time outside in the garden before the heat picks up.  Today is a normalization day, basic school + piano, prep for game some, joy. 

• Like 1

Morning, but barely. We went and picked blueberries.

Today's tasks:

House: cat boxes, dishes, laundry

School: light

Cooking: breakfast for dinner, blueberry syrup.

Writing: 2,000 words in draft, pitches, send back pages to one writer, Beta reading, personal reading

• Like 1

Morning! Last day of school for a while. Three week break starts tomorrow.

Today's goals: 

House: cat boxes, laundry, dishes

School: light (just finishing up art appreciation and a light unit today.

Cooking: maple pork loin, cauliflower, blueberry buckle probably

Writing: 2000 words in my draft, push to 3000 if I can this weekend, Beta reading, personal reading, process some feedback, pitch practice

• Like 1

Good morning!  Today begins, Lord willing & creek stay down, the first day of my 2-day roleplaying gamemaster workshop.  To my surprise, as I started prepping last night, I'm really excited about this! 

So a couple of days of fun.  We're also heading into some weeks off -- between 2 & 4 -- which is good, because this mama is pretty burned out! 

ETA: vicariously enjoyed your breakfast-for-dinner, Critterfixer.  Plus I <heart> blueberry syrup: so glad the bushes have their early-season ripening going on.  (I guess it is early-season; the only blueberry bushes I personally know get going around July/August.  My blueberry fantasy world has both kinds!)

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1