Menu

Any AP teachers using "AP Classroom?"

Has anyone tried to create worksheets at the College Board "AP Classroom" from their Question Bank?  When I try to use it, it's very very very slow.  

Also, I'm having a hard time filtering for the just sorts of questions I need.  I end up with too many questions that aren't within my scope.  So I need to sift through over 100 questions to get the 20 I want.  

And did I mention that going through each of the 100+ questions is very very very agonizingly slow?  

Or is it just me?  

I used it earlier on in the year but haven’t used it this month. I was able to set up tests and quizzes for my students using their question bank. It may be slow now because more teachers are using it due to online schooling. I also had some issues with narrowing down the type of questions- I will want multiple choice and it will bring both frq and mc. I am waiting for the update questions they will make available soon. 

• Like 1

Yes, AP Classroom is super slow and frustrating in trying to create worksheets. There's a lot of clicking involved and I can't see a good way to filter the kinds of questions I need for AP Calc BC. When are they (AP) going to update the questions?

• Like 1

Yes, thank you!  I was wondering why the filters didn't seem to work.  I only want questions from Unit 1, and I'd get all kids of questions from the whole course.  

And since I don't trust the filter, I'd err on the side of reviewing too many questions (100+).  This isn't a big deal, except the site is so very slow.  Like I'm only allowed to view one question at a time, and everytime I hit the Next button, I need to wait like a full 10 seconds for the next question to appear on screen.  And then I look at the question and in half a second I know I won't use it, so it's click Next and wait another 10 seconds.  

In writing this I think I figured out a workaround.  Instead of using their online quizzes I just create a pdf exam for my student.  I'm thinking now what I ought to do is to create a huge pdf with too many questions, then I can quickly review that and then go back online and remove the questions I don't want.  

But in this day and age there's no reason for a website to be this slow.  

• Like 1