Menu

Accountability Thread 4/5-4/11

Better late than never! I was absolutely swamped this morning with things to do that didn't get done while I was at work Saturday. Normally, I'd let it slide. But not having any clean towels kind of meant I couldn't.

Today's tasks: 

House: catching up, usual chores, visit with MIL and FIL outside

School: schedules

Cooking: ham, bacon, eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, scones

Writing: catching up--I have some critiques to do, chapters to revise, and personal reading. Slowly getting through it all today.

• Like 2

Morning. It's a Monday for sure, but it's sunny, and warming up, and I might actually go outside to do my reading today.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bedroom, bathrooms, pull a patch of weeds in the front flower bed. 

School: usual. We run out of science this week. But the boys are doing so much gardening right now, I expect I might do some sort of botany and plant study this spring and summer.

Cooking: fried chicken, fish, some cream gravy for the chicken. Hushpuppies too. I want some.

Writing: Revise two chapters, two different novels, reading in one of my novels, start a read through of another one of my novels that needs to go out to readers sometime next week. Personal reading. Blog post. 

• Like 1

Morning! 

I'm going to work at the week level here.  This week:

1. M-F Daily (big letter means done, little letter means we did SOMETHING, dash means we missed it)
    1. Bible/Shakespeare/Homer: __ Th W T M, math: __ Th W T M, language review: __ Th W T M, reading (focusing on literature, esp. for elder): __ Th W T M, writing: __ Th W T M
    2. Exercise for me, incl. yoga + strength + aerobic: __ __ __ __ ---, and for boys incl. DareBee and RCAF xbx: _i_ __ __ T ---
    3. Work in boys' rooms: __ __ W T M, on their desks: __ __ __ T M, do at least one round of upstairs cleaning: __ __ W --- (T), FlyLady zone work: __ __ W __ (T), outside chores at least one round: F Th W T M
    4. Piano: aim for 4 10-minute practices per child, plus some for me: __ __ _iii_ t m
    5. 10" of either drawing practice or art/music history study: F _--- --- --- m
    6. Read-aloud at lunch: __ Th W T M
    7. E-mail one person to check in & offer help if appropriate: __ __ __ --- M, and one person to thank them: __ __ __ --- ---
  2. Have spending in online budget program, have a financial plan for the next few weeks.
  3. Draft a school plan to start middle school (for younger) and high school (for elder) in September '20.  We'll have to triage, but my original plan for a start in December counted on a certain level of predictability that we can't meet at the moment.  So I need to ensure that the boys are on target, and not plan to be able to accelerate them over the next year.
    1. focus on: math, literature for elder esp., history & science reading + content, memory work especially.
    2. set some checkpoints/touchstones at the end of each month.
  4. Begin to organize plans for work on the house, especially have a short list to work from. 
  5. Also: organize for Passover meal on Saturday, Easter celebration Sunday.
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

I forgot to post! Gah.

In my defense, I didn't sleep at all last night. Not a wink. I had an afternoon cup of tea and there must have been a super tea leaf in there because I bounced off the walls from midnight to seven this morning. I revised two chapters, a query, read a short story, read chapters in two books, read chapter in my book, read chapters in a book I'm Beta reading, added more books to my pile to read...

And then I dropped in the bed at seven and slept for two hours. Woke up and started again. I bet I crash at eight tonight. 

• Like 1

Item 1: I slept. I had to take something because that moon was brilliant and I wanted to get up and DO things, but had no energy because it had me up the night before.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: none (we are going to try to take the boats out and get some time on the water apart from each other

Cooking: none, leftovers

Writing: Two chapters revised for one novel, one for the other, reading in another novel and for a Beta read for another writer. Mess around with a short story idea. Lots of personal reading at the lake and some sketches for painting later.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Critterfixer said:

I forgot to post! Gah.

In my defense, I didn't sleep at all last night. Not a wink. I had an afternoon cup of tea and there must have been a super tea leaf in there because I bounced off the walls from midnight to seven this morning. I revised two chapters, a query, read a short story, read chapters in two books, read chapter in my book, read chapters in a book I'm Beta reading, added more books to my pile to read...

Well, I was gonna sit heavy in judgement, but if it is the tea leaf's fault ...  😉 

Honestly, I could use a leaf or two of that stuff!  Though I'd have to down chamomile like no tomorrow as an antidote, I suppose, to sleep all night.  Or take something like whatever you took to get some sleep.  I suppose this is not the time to develop any new dependencies.  Okay, never mind about the tea leaves.   

The moon was incredibly bright, was it not?  It has that storybook glow, with sharp edges and shadows that remind a person of noonday.

Hope to add more later, but for first thing: no news until I've done today's list.  DH will tell me if there's anything urgent, which is unlikely for us in Northern California, and I need to be functional.  So: off to bushwhack the to-do tangle of the week's list!  And let whatever grace the good Lord can spare me run through and into my dear ones and this precious, overwhelmed world. 

PS: enjoy the lake for me.  We have a summer lake we visit -- family in the Northeast, and on a lakefront in New Hampshire -- and my father used to take me fishing back in Florida.  I hope that your family is blessed and restored, with glassy surfaces or shifting wavelets & reading and sketching aplenty. 

• Like 1

Morning! I'm around. I'm alive. Took me a minute to wake up enough to find the right thread. 

Yesterday we took a much needed mental health day and went to a secluded lake. We had it to ourselves for most of the day, and I'd picked a nice, snakey spot where nobody else wanted to park a chair. Plus the stack of books I had to read was extra scary, and nobody bothered me. 

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, clean kitchen, bake dirt

School: light day, just math and art

Cooking: Maple dijon chicken, broccoli, stuffed mushrooms, pecan pie

Writing: Two chapters revised in one WIP, one in another, reading one of my old WIPs still, Beta reading, personal reading, critique work.

• Like 1

Morning! I made the executive decision to give us a spring break next week. I had a scheduled week off for the week after next, but next week will probably be planting time. Best to have all the time we need to work in the gardens.

Goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen

School: usual

Cooking: breakfast for dinner

Writing: Three to four chapters of revision work today, beta reading, reading in my novel (should finish today), query and pages critique for a friend, personal reading, poem work

Extra: clean up my desk (getting deep with notebooks and books), painting, plant tomatoes and peppers again (my first batch isn't up yet, plus my MIL wanted some)

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today: hack at the list.  Prioritize art, music and next level of math for elder for school; prioritize exercise. Plan food for Passover, clean, do Greek & math myself.  Reinforce toes of my shoes, think about Easter celebration.

• Like 1

Today: 

• be joyful, kind, encouraging and creative.  Ha!  Tall order!!!!
  • finish scrubbing Passover dishes, keep Easter grass from getting into our food, and generally clean this house. 
  • work on financial plan with DH, or plan time to do that
  • exercise a lot to keep pain at bay, sleep better
  • work on money planning, house organization
  • Like 1