Menu

Need new laptop for kids’ school - help!

Just Kate

Now that my kids will be home doing school for a while, we really need to get a new laptop for them to use. We have two older laptops, but they are slow. Just recently we had been talking about how we really need to replace them! Dh and I both have laptops issued through our employers and of course both kids have phones and iPads, so a new laptop just hasn’t been high on the priority list. 

Anyone who is good at technology have any suggestions? 

• Like 1

I have no experience with Lenovo Laptops, but DD has had one since mid-August 2019 when she arrived at Carolina. It is the least expensive model Carolina has in their program.  There was one minor issue a few days or weeks after she got it , where the battery wouldn't charge, but I believe that was her fault and that she didn't have everything plugged in properly.  I am not aware of any problems with it. It has Windows 10 on it.

NOTE: I read many months ago that there is a huge potential of an issue with Lenovo Laptops. I don't remember what the issue is or which models it might hit.   I remember telling DD that if her Laptop gets that issue, to take it in and the Techs will be extremely familiar with the problem and know what to do to put her Laptop into tip top shape.

Good luck with whatever you buy!  We have 6 Dell Enterprise grade Laptops (one of them is a Mobile Workstation) and they are much older and very good.

• Thanks 1