Menu

Timeline help please!!

StaceyinLA

I’m obsessed with timelines, or at least the idea of a timeline that just makes everything come together. I printed off some timeline pages, but have a couple questions.

How many of you do separate timelines? I’m looking at the Knowledge Quest timelines (though they’re sold out anyway), and wondering if it’s better to separate timelines, or put everything on one?

I’m more inclined to just do a single timeline and put everything on one, but wondering if that’s a mistake.

If you’ve done a timeline consistently, would you share? I do want to do a wall timeline for sure.

I only did timelines for history, but I made my own, so adding other topics would have been easy. Ours folds accordian-style, but leaving it flat to hang up would work. I printed timeline divisions in the center of a bunch of cardstock. Then I sandwiched the cardstock between clear shelf adhesive. I used PowerPoint to make 2x3 cards, cut them apart, and sandwiched those in contact adhesive also. Every card had a title, date and picture. It was a fun summer project.

I have the 4 wall timelines I bought from... I want to say Pandia Press. I found somebody's cards for SOTW 1 and 2 (may not be available now, as I think it was a Yahoo group) and the US Presidents. I made my own cards for 3 and 4, and included some inventions, etc. We've left them all up for reference (two rows of two, occupying an entire wall in the living room).

We put everything on the same timeline (science, history, art, music, random things of interest like when diesel trains were invented).  Here's some pictures of what we use. We had a very large empty wall so I wanted to create something visually interesting and not just white pieces of paper taped together.  I wrapped a couple of foam boards in fabric and then all the paper is cardstock.  The circles are about 1".

IMG_20200306_192727799.jpg

IMG_20200306_192704090.jpg