Menu

Road trip...need stop ideas... Knoxville to Lexington and beyond

Ottakee

In early April I will be traveling with my kids and son in law from Knoxville up I 75 to Lexington.  From there we can keep going north to Cincy and cut over to Indianapolis from there OR I can take I 64 west from Lexington to Louisville and then up to Indianapolis.

What I need are great ideas of fun places to stop along the way.  We will have 2 days/2 nights on this section.   

Free or low cost is best.  We love nature, short hikes (trails of 1-2 miles mostly given our time), small local historical sites, fun parks, waterfalls/bridges etc.  Not really looking for shopping or amusement type things. 

I have been given a few great ideas but always looking for more.

Also any, must stop, hole in the wall, hidden local favorites for places to stop to eat too.  We will do a mix of eating out and snacks/sandwiches in a cooler.

Thanks.

You will go right by Berea, Kentucky, where Berea College is.  There are numerous short hikes around Berea, which is a lovely little town.  I left Berea once at about 7 AM to drive south on 75 as the sun come up over the mountains of southern Kentucky.  It was amazingly beautiful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Well, you know.............

There *are* quite a few of us in the SW Ohio area..................

And we are a must see, right?

I would enjoy that....not sure my 4 young adults with special needs would enjoy it as much😏

• Like 1