Menu

University of Texas at Dallas

My daughter will be a freshman there this fall!  We live in Ohio.  It looks like a good fit for her - not a party school, no football team, and safe campus.  They have great scholarships (which is how it ended up on our list).  She's looking forward to the warmer weather, too.

ETA  they are all also very generous with transfer credits if that's an issue for you

Edited by Kassia

Both of my older kids went to UT Dallas on full tuition scholarships after hsing all the way through (oldest did go to ps for 6th and 7th grades).

It was a great school. My oldest had to withdraw one week into her 2nd semester for medical reasons and was able to keep her scholarship. She returned to school the next fall. When she did start having issues with keeping her grades up, she was given two semesters to salvage her grades. She ended up leaving school after 5 semesters. She finally went back to the local cc to finish the one class she had left to get her associate's degree this past summer after her youngest sibling got their associate's degree. They didn't want to be the only one who hadn't gotten a degree past high school.

My middle dd was able to graduate with a double major in three years because of all the dual credit she took in high school.

The campus is very quiet. It is NOT a party school. Both of my girls were thrilled that there was NO football team.

• Like 1