Menu

US Presidential Scholars Program?

Does anyone have experience with this application? Is the school profile and recommendation along the same lines as the Common App or is it more involved? Do you think it's worth the time investment (the materials suggest that the application will take 16 hours to complete)? Any insight or experience would be helpful. We are suffering from major application fatigue here (and sickness fatigue and death of a close family friend fatigue and winter fatigue...), so encouragement would be helpful, too.

My daughter put in the application. I don't think it was nearly 16 hours, but it's been four years now so my memory may be off.

As far as being worth it...well, it's a tough award to get because there are quite a few nominees.  My daughter had a dream of getting to do the DC trip, I think simply because a mentor of hers had received the award and done it years before. Apart from that, it's generally too late in the cycle for it to be useful for college admissions, and it's not the sort of thing you would put on a grad school app or post-college resume.

• Like 2