Menu

Apologia Anatomy combined with Astronomy

Has anyone ever completed each of these in a semester? We do science everyday as they love it...Science in the Beginning 4th and 5th graders.

Looking at next year and they want to do both. Suggestions experiences welcomed and appreciated. They will be 5th and 6th grade next year.

My thinking is maybe 3 days Anatomy 2days Astronomy or Astronomy 1st semester and Anatomy 2nd semester

Thank you 

Edited by Caglehs

My kids aged out before the Anatomy book, but the Astronomy book took us about half a year - maybe a little more? There is no law that you have to finish a book in one year. I'd start one, finish it at the speed that works for your family (sometimes it is nice to stretch it out if they have a deep interest and explore that further) and then start the other when you are finished with the first. Which to do first? I'd ask the kids and then check local offerings to see if there was a neat health or astronomy exhibit coming to a local museum - or maybe an astrological event that would be worth watching. Then I'd probably still do whatever the kids wanted first unless they didn't care. 

We did astronomy over a year by doing it twice a week, so you could easily finish it in a semester. My daughter did anatomy on her own in a little over a semester combined with a science fair project, so I think that one would be pretty easy to do in a semester as well. I don’t think I try to do both at the same time though, I don’t know. I’d probably do one each semester. Have fun!