Menu

Recipe for ginger chews? Gin gin candies?

klmama

I just discovered Gin Gins ginger candy, and they are fabulous!  I've been enjoying the super strength ones from The Ginger People.  Does anyone have a decent recipe to share?  I found some recipes online, but they are all very different.  I don't really want to guess wrong and waste time on this when there are so many more important things to do right now.  

Edited by klmama

I'm not very skilled at making candy. I've tried with maple syrup, and it's very tricky to get the temperature and timing just right. I imagine that it's the same with any candy, such as ginger candy. You may want to start out with something a little more forgiving, like candied ginger with sugar coating. If you haven't tried any, you'd probably enjoy it. It has even more zing than Gin Gins. You could also use the candied ginger bits in chocolate molds.

• 1 month later...

Popping back in clarify, in case anyone cares....  Compared to other ginger candies, I wouldn't call the super strength Gin Gins "chewy" after all.  They aren't the same texture as any others I've tried.  They start out hard, but after a bit they start to soften and become chewable - but not as chewy as the other brands, which seem to be a lot like gummy bears, or maybe more like dried out gummy bears.  Now, I need to try the original and double strength ones to see how they compare.