Menu

Mid-Year Online Writing Classes? (6th and 7th grade)

TheAttachedMama

Help!  

This has been by far my most busy homeschooling year to date.   Despite my best intentions, I have not been doing a very good job teaching writing (composition)  this year to my 6th and 7th grade children.  Our lessons have been sporadic and not consistent.    And try as I might, I am just struggling to make things better in this particular area.   I've been beating myself up about it for weeks now--however, I am realizing that that does absolutely nothing to make the problem better.  Right?  Right!   SO--Instead, I am trying to be proactive and find a better solution.    I am thinking that it might be best if I find a way to outsource this particular subject in this particular season of my life.  

Does anyone know of any online writing classes that start mid-year?   My children really enjoy the IEW method, but at this point, I am willing to try new things!    I have looked at the Brave Writer classes.  Are there any other options I should explore?  

My kids have done Lantern writing, and I like it a lot. It can be a lot of writing, so some folks alternate writing and literature quarters. The lessons are emailed and the papers are graded with comments. Both these children started as strong writers, but Lantern, by giving an outside grade, motivated them to kick it up a notch. I find the lessons clear and strong.  

• 1 month later...