Menu

The Liturgists Podcast

ktgrok

Anyone listen to it?

With millions of listeners each month, The Liturgists Podcast created a cultural movement by bringing together perspectives that are usually isolated in our media. This podcast produces clarity and insight by looking at essential topics through the lenses of art, faith, and science--and has helped millions start the journey to growth and recovery following spiritual estrangement.

https://theliturgists.com

I always find it interesting, and supportive, if sometimes a bit more on the navel gazing end of the spectrum 🙂 I like to listen while doing yard work - definitely not a listen with the kids thing as past guests have included a self proclaimed sex witch - great conversation but perhaps not for elementary school age. 

Many of them are farther in the deconstruction zone than I am, but I still really get a lot out of it. 

I have listened to the liturgists a little bit. Sometimes I find that they're helpful.

Other times I feel that they are too far out for me, and I'm not ready/in agreement with their ideas. I think it's great that they have such a free and honest exchange of ideas from many different perspectives, and that they welcome and attract atheists and others because nothing is taboo. I appreciate that.

Sometimes, they are just too much for me and I feel too conflicted and confused when listening. I like them in small doses.

People like Brad Jersak and Steve Crosby usually leave me feeling more peace and clarity and truth. I feel like I'm near the end of my deconstruction, and am starting the reconstruction of my faith.

I was wondering if the liturgists would come up here. I'm glad someone else listens to them and we can talk about them. Much of my religious circle would dismiss them as satanic heretics and not actually listen to the pain and wisdom and searching they express.

They go way past me as well on many occasions, and sometimes I can't relate as I've never been Evangelical. I've never had to deconstruct really - I have just had times of clarifying versus getting rid of and starting over. Definitely one of those things where you take what works and leave there rest, and yeah, have to be "in the mood". Sometimes I just want lighter and fluffier 🙂