Menu

AP Language self-study

My dd is self-studying for the AP Language exam as there are no schools here that allow home school students to sit in on the AP classes and we can't afford on-line options. I wonder if there are any parents/students who know of on-line community groups for students to discuss concepts, etc. with each other? She would find this ever so much more engaging if she had others to talk to. I have no doubt that she will do fine on her own as far as readiness/preparedness but it pains me to see this girl who thrives on academic discussion going through this solo. I talk with her as much as I am able but with other kids to teach I don't have the availability that she wants.

Oldest dd completely self-studied and got a 5.  Just to encourage you that a class isn't necessary.  Are you using a particular curriculum?  I am curious because my dd will be taking the exam this year too and I haven't solidified a plan yet, lol.  Maybe they can collaborate some even if just via email or text?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Attolia said:

Oldest dd completely self-studied and got a 5.  Just to encourage you that a class isn't necessary.  Are you using a particular curriculum?  I am curious because my dd will be taking the exam this year too and I haven't solidified a plan yet, lol.  Maybe they can collaborate some even if just via email or text?

I found a site on-line that has an entire syllabus for literary works, movies, etc. It's a fine plan but challenging to just follow. http://aplanguagemrphillips.weebly.com/handouts--syllabus.html

If your daughter is interested in chatting, let me know and we can exchange email addresses.